Tabla (Hindustani Classical & Commercial Styles)
- Teaches : Beginner & Advanced students
- Language : English, Hindi & Bengali
I have been performing and teaching Tabla for the last 30 years. My students are spread across India and some of them are now playing professionally.
- I started learning Tabla at an early age of 11 under the tutelage of Sri. Pijush Chakrabarty in Kolkata. I completed my 5th Year Certification from Bhatkhande Institute of Music (Deemed University).
- Thereafter, I continued my Tabla learning and training under Pt. Samar Saha and subsequently under Pt. Sanjay Mukherjee (Farukhabad Gharana).
- I started playing in concerts from the age of 18 in Kolkata and other cities in India. I have been fortunate enough to have accompanied many prominent vocal and instrumental artists over the years.
- I started teaching Table almost at the same time. Few of my students are now performing professionally as well.
- I am associated with Urban Raga for the last few years now.
- Tabla is all about proper finger technique. Once one masters the technique, playing any composition will not be a problem.
- So, for the beginners, my focus remains on teaching correct finger techniques and then progress them into various Tools and Compositions. I try to ensure that the learning process is not strenuous, full of fun and my students truly enjoy it.
- I am sure you will fall in love with this wonderful percussion instrument in no time.
|Free 20 minutes demo lesson / Interview|
|Time/ Duration||1-hour session/ once a week. (4 classes a month)|
|1 Hour||Group Class|
|30 mins||Individual Class|
|Teaches||Beginner to Advanced|
|Language||English, Hindi & Bengali|
|Course fee for Keyboard||Rs.2500/month|
Our music school was founded in 2008 to help people of all ages from all over the state to pursue their dream of becoming musicians
Our Music School Was Founded in 2008 to help people all ages from all over the state to pursue their dream of becoming musicians